Tuesday 10 March 2009

Make it count - Earth Hour 2009 - Join in!




Hi everyone and a special welcome to any new followers. This here blog is intended for money-saver extraordinaires - the ones that want every nook and cranny explored!

This week my aim is a bit more general - WWF are again doing Earth Hour this year. It's a simple thing but could be so powerful across the globe. From New York, to London, Sydney and many more - everyone that can take part hopefully will. Many landmarks will turn off their lights too.

Basically, you would agree to simply not use any electricity for one hour on 28th March 2009 at 20:30 in the evening.

Please join up and register to comit do switching off for one hour:
http://earthhour.wwf.org.uk/

We did it last year and we had lots of fun, just nice to enjoy the quiet really and go back to candles and feel peaceful.

I am also getting my employer to do it, as well as mentioning it to friends and family, plus anyone else who will listen such as you lovely folk and any MSER's that aren't aware...

Not only is it green it's moneysaving so I am hoping we will all do it on the 28th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this event before but I love the idea and have just signed up to the website. I can't wait, I think it's going to be quite fun!
Charlotte

Sophie Gist said...

Hey Charlotte - brilliant news - the mroe of us that do it and tell others about it the more impact it will have! I know last year was a big success, but with Facebook and Blogs etc this year, plus online communities like Moneysavingexpert.com, I am sure we can all do even more. 3 weeks to go! x